Thursday, February 17, 2011

Todd Akin--recipient of the CWG "Atta Boy" trophy!

It's rare that I find it within myself to compliment a member of Congress. Between the Liberal Do-Gooders and the Moderate "Anything to get me re-elected" gang, it's difficult many times to find anybody on Capital Hill who has the guts to, you know, actually *represent* the beliefs and interests of their constituents. For that reason, the approval rating of Congress is normally fairly low at any point in history--and it's positively circling the commode as of late. As a result, the general impression that most Americans have of Congress is not far off from what "The Poet Laureate of Television", Nipsey Russell, stated nearly 30 years ago:



So it's extremely out of the ordinary that I can look at a member of Congress and say "Atta Boy!" But today is one of those days. Todd Akin made the people of Missouri proud--and indeed, echoed the sentiments of many Americans, when grilling Timothy Geithner. In reference to budget increases that could result in the IRS adding more employees, Akin commented upon the need for this when such energy might be better spent streamlining or simplifying the tax code, he went on to say “Not to mention the fact that it’d make us all look better if we don’t have a goon squad of 5,000 IRS agents tromping around the country with the economy the way it is,” (Source: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/144633-republican-congressman-calls-irs-agents-a-qgoon-squadq )

Hell yes!!!

It's about time that somebody on capital hill called the IRS out for the thugs and criminals that they are (and in case you think that's an overstatement--the entire concept of progressive taxation is legalized theft. Look up Walter E. Williams thoughts on the matter--you can find them in his many books and on Youtube--for a complete explanation). Of course, when the truth is stated on Capital Hill, it will only infuriate those who side with the criminals and liars. And so it was with Oregon Representative Earl Blumenauer (Democrat--like that's any shock) who characterized Akin's comments as "offensive on so many levels".

There you have it--some idiot in Oregon thinks it's "offensive" to call out theft when one sees it. Bite me, Blumenauer.

Representative Akin, please be aware that you have spoken well for we, the People of the Sovereign State of Missouri. I wish you were my Representative so that I could vote for you when given the opportunity--however I'm unable to do that because my Rep is one the biggest wastes of space in recorded history, Lacy Clay. However, as a Missourian, I'm proud that you have so sternly communicated the message advocated by Missourians on this matter--communicating it in a way not unlike the straightforward and matter-of-fact way that we Missourians communicate with each other on a variety of issues each and every day. We're not a group of people that wastes time on superlatives or flowery rhetoric--we'll tell you what we think without compromise or apology. You have reflected this quite well in your statements to Congress on this matter.

There is one way I could have the opportunity to vote for Todd Akin...how about a Presidential run? :)

2 comments:

  1. It is my duty to inform you fine people that censorship has arrived at the WrestlingClassics.com message board. Just moments ago my innocent thread in the political forum, entitled "Rachel Maddow Disgraces The Tonight Show with Extreme Dishonesty," was deleted and my account, previously on good standings, was banned.

    I realize that WrestlingClassics is a strongly left-leaning board, however stooping to the level of erasing factual-based topics which admins find personally upsetting or damaging to their "side" is absurd. It's erased any respect I may have had left for the board.

    Furthermore, a post I made in the thread The Most Charisma filled Pro Wrestler of all time is..., in which I corrected the administrator Crimson Mask II on his misunderstanding of the concept of charisma, was also erased. Thankfully, I've captured a screenshot of said post to both help rectify the injustice as well as present concrete evidence of the censorship:

    Crimson Mask II Gets SERVED

    Let it be known that I will not be returning to the board until the previously mentioned posts are reinstated and I am issued an apology. I'd also strongly encourage those of you who oppose censorship to boycott WrestlingClassics.com until the situation is fixed and justice is served.

    Thank you, friends and Internet family.


    Sincerely, Stinky Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note on the above post--I'm a frequent poster on the WrestlingClassics message boards (both the main board and the political board). I haven't been on the board in the last few days--not because of any "board issues", but instead just because of a busy weekend. As a result, I can't say that I have any real familiarity with the specific situation that Stinky Pete is referencing. I don't have enough knowledge about the situation at this point to say that I "agree" or "disagree" with the above post--but I did want to allow Pete to say his piece, so I printed his statement.

    I do understand that some posters from WrestlingClassics view this blog occasionally, and if there are admins or other posters who wish to post a retort to Stinky Pete, I'll be happy to post whatever statement you would like to make as well. If not, then I'd just as soon move on towards focusing on the poltical and social topics posted here and on my "America's Evil Genius" web series. I ordinarily don't like to spend my time getting involved in "pissing matches" regarding the rules or administration of other boards--but if somebody who disagrees with Pete would like to make a statement in retort to him, my door is open, I'll gladly post it, and then move on in terms of the subject matter of this blog.

    My last statement on the matter is that I would agree--in general at least--with Pete's statement that Wrestlingclassics is a "strongly left-leaning board". However, my personal experience (and let me stress, I'm speaking *only* of what I've experienced over there), is that the Leftist views of the Admins have never interfered with my ability to post or speak my mind over there. I've had many heated *political* discussions with Admins (and everybody else) on the board, but I've never been in a situation where I was wrongly prevented from posting or restricted/sanctioned specifically because of my political beliefs or statements (and I'm probably the most Right-Leaning poster on the board..so one would think that if *anybody* would be targeted for some "selective enforcement" it would be me...yet this has never happened to me in my experinece on that board). Again, that's *my* experience over there, I can't speak for Pete's experience or anybody elses. But at this moment--based on my experiences and my experiences along--I can't say anything negative about how the board is run or how rules are enforced.

    That's my take on it--if anybody else would like to have their say, my door is open.

    ReplyDelete