Monday, March 7, 2011

America's Evil Genius #4: The Battle for the Soul of the GOP

AEG#4 has hit the airwaves. This week: The internal battle within the GOP between the old-line "big government" Republicans (you might know them better as "Moderates", "Compassionate Conservatives", "Establishment Republicans", or "John McCain") and the new-line Modern Conservatives (typified by the Tea Party movement, though that movement does not entirely encompass this new generation of Conservatives). In the run-up to 2012, the battle of "Obama vs. Everybody Else" might possibly take a backseat to the "Conservatives vs. RINO" battle going on within the GOP!



2 comments:

  1. I don't believe this....your response in the last post.
    LOOK, you look like a t-shirt wearing punk at a heavy
    metal concert. To put it in terms you can relate to,
    you know the stuffy old fashioned "Father Knows
    Best" "Leave it to Beaver" days? You get me now?
    NO, every man should not look like Mr Rogers
    and a carbon copy of Beaver's family of
    course not. I mean the status quo of
    conservatism a guy like you would consider
    too nerdy, or outdated. You're like an
    Animal House guy who laughs at
    Nedermyer,get it now??? Conservatism
    is a pro family,pro establishment,
    pro Christian way of life. Not the
    tyranny of Catholicism either, I
    mean your standard respectable
    family unit of yesteryear which
    has become so lost ,A guy like you
    "thinks" he's conservative.
    YOU are no where near far
    enough to the right. At all.
    Who cares about fiscal
    conservatism when the
    character of American people
    are lost to social cultural
    conservatism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this might be the first time in my life that anyone has referred to me as "no where near far enough to the right"! I don't think that you'll find a bigger proponent of the American Family than I, and a "pro family, pro Christian" agenda is definitely a large part of my politics. In terms of the character of the American people, I believe that character is something that is forged by the family, religion, and the church...I do not believe it can be effectively forged by a government or by academia. Hence, I believe in large-scale deconstruction of these type of institutions as I believe they have grown to the point that they *interfere* with our rights to forge the character and morality of our children and our families.

    You might not like the way I dress, but I suspect I have a lot more in common with the fictional Ward Cleaver than you might expect.

    ReplyDelete